Welcome to the Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference!
Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference
Everyone at Americans for the Arts hopes you are staying healthy and safe. As people across the country seek ways to connect and find hope, your work bringing the arts to communities is more important than ever. At Americans for the Arts, we have been working to gather the arts field together to better understand this crisis, how we are responding to it, and how we can move toward recovery.
With these goals in mind, Americans for the Arts transformed the in-person 2020 Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference into a virtual convening, that was held on June 23-25. While we missed gathering in person, we are excited to deliver the same quality breakout sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities directly to your home. Now you can view more than 40 sessions and 30 hours of content at anytime for the next year.
What You’ll Get From On-Demand Access of the Convening:
- All three days of programming: Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3.
- Field experts in Public Art, Racial Justice, Arts Education, Arts Management, and Advocacy.
- Featured sessions with New York Times columnist David Brooks; public policy expert Heather McGhee; New York magazine critic Helen Shaw; United States Artists CEO Deana Haggag; sound artist Yoko Sen; musician and disability advocate Molly Joyce; and the National Gallery of Art Director Kaywin Feldman. (Select sessions, including Dismantling Racist Systems and Creating a Vision for Our Country's Future and The Importance of Evaluating Creative Efforts in Community Now, are only available until August 20.)
- Networking, connection, and community with the arts industry field.
- Interaction with exhibitors including: Artists Thrive, Goucher College MA in Arts Administration, Performing Arts Readiness, SmartSimple, and WESTAF - Western States Arts Federation.
The 2020 Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference was always going to be about convergence, the bridging of different communities, and the role of the arts in healing us after crisis—all of this has become even more pressing in our current circumstances. We look forward to brainstorming solutions, sharing our challenges, and continuing to come together as an arts community!
How to Register
- Select the product you would like to register for from this page by clicking on the green register tab found on each package from the options below.
- Once directed to the package page click the red REGISTER button found on the upper right hand side of the page below the Convention Banner.
- From there click the orange COMPLETE REGISTRATION NOW button.
- You will be directed to your cart and will use one of the following determined based on either an existing or new account with AFTA.
- If you have an existing account with Americans for the Arts click the LOG IN button, enter your username and password, and continue to check out.
- If this is your first time registering for an Americans for the Arts event: Click the CREATE AN ACCOUNT button. You will then be directed to the Americans for the Arts website. Follow the prompts to create an account. Once you have created your account, you must return to your cart on ArtsU to complete your registration for the event.
- Once you have logged in or created your account with AFTA, return to your cart on the registration page and complete the registration.
How to Access On-Demand Content
- Visit the event agenda page to select your desired session for viewing.
- Select your desired session from the agenda list and click the red VIEW SESSION button.
- Once on the desired session page, locate the box on the right hand side with the title of the session.
- Click on the box.
- Click the red VIEW ARCHIVED RECORDING button - The session will automatically start playing in a new browser window.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
View the Program
Become a Sponsor
If you or your organization are interested in partnering with Americans for the Arts to support the 2020 Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202.371.2830. For a full rundown of the opportunities that come with sponsorship of this event, download the prospectus.
Become an Exhibitor
Americans for the Arts offers your organization the chance to target decision makers and leaders in the arts and communities across the country. For each of our audiences, Americans for the Arts hosts a number of annual events, and produces web, print, email, and digital resources, offering a variety of ways to gain visibility and exposure for your organization, products, or services. For questions or contract inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 202.371.2830.