Arts & Military Curated Resources:
National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military
The National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military (NIAHM) is an initiative of Americans for the Arts that advances the arts for the health and well-being of our military service members, veterans, their families and caregivers. Working across military, medical, local, national, private, non-profit, and the art sectors, the goals of the National Initiative are to raise the visibility, awareness, and support of the benefits of the arts for military populations across the military continuum.
Read & Explore
Americans for the Arts Publications
White Paper 2.0 available January 2018
Arts & Military Blogs
- Vet Voices: A Healing Journey into Theatre Arts
- Combat Medic to Ceramic Artist: Arts as Therapy
- VSA Texas Distinguished Artist Veterans: A State of Arts & Military Outreach
- Brush, Breath and Line: A Veteran's Recovery through the Arts
- Looking Back and Moving Forward - Supporting Our Veterans Through the Arts
- Helping Veterans Build Connections Between Creative Arts Therapy Programs and their Local Arts Communities through Telehealth
- The Mission of Theater: The Contract of Showtime
- Though the Power of their Creativity, Veterans Still Continue to Serve
- Americans for the Arts Holds Congressional Briefing on Veterans and Creative Arts Therapies
- A Collective Representation of the American Experience of War
- The Graffiti of War: Conflict Art and bridging the Cultural Gap between Civilian and Warfighter
- Start Your Own Workshop
Coming May 2019 - 5th National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military Summit
The National Initiative for Arts & Health in the Military: Past Events and Media Kits
- National Initiative Directory is a listing of Individuals and organizations that support or provide programs and services through the arts or information and resources about the arts for the health and well-being of our military service members, veterans, their families and caregivers.
- Arts & Military Services Directory is a newly formatted online Directory, searchable by state and service provider, with the original listings from the National Initiative Directory plus members of the general Arts Services Directory that have indicated program development or a desire to be involved in the arts and military community. It is designed to be user friendly, easy to update information, and will replace the National Initiative Directory's current format by December 2018.