Preserving the Legacy of Your Arts Organization During Challenging Times
Includes a Live Event on 11/12/2020 at 3:00 PM (EST)
About this Webinar
November 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM ET
Your arts organization is cultural heritage, learn to preserve it for future generations.
We are facing challenging times in our society—a global pandemic, recession, rise of natural disasters and civic unrest—and we are feeling the impact deeply in our arts sector. The future seems uncertain as many things are out of our control. But there are things we can control during this time of uncertainty.
We are critical stewards of our cultural heritage. Our art institutions have a legacy to preserve and share. With the challenges ahead, it is more important now than ever to document and share the impact of our institutions. You may need to secure funding, garner support from your community and stakeholders, or think about cementing your cultural footprint while your doors are closed temporarily, or permanently.
For over a decade, the Artwork Archive team has worked with nonprofits to document their art collections and programming, and recently, has seen how institutions around the world are pivoting during these complicated times. Long-time cultural worker, Elysian McNiff Koglmeier, will share best practices for preserving your institution's legacy. You'll learn how to digitize your collection and programs, what information is worth saving for today and tomorrow, ways to maintain and conserve your artworks for future generations, and the ever-popular topic of bringing your exhibitions and programming online to maintain relevancy.
- Learn ways to manage your art inventory. Know what information is worth saving so that you can easily report on the impact of your organization. You'll also have key records available if art will be deaccessioned, gifted or sold.
- Get best practices for maintaining your artworks. We'll cover how you can track and stay on top of conservation so that your art will be preserved for future generations.
- Discover how other organizations are bringing their exhibitions and fundraisers online. Make your mission accessible and relevant for today and tomorrow's audiences.
Americans for the Arts is providing the arts and culture field with this and other COVID-19 webinars and resources at no charge to you. Please consider supporting our ability to deliver this important work with a donation by clicking HERE
We also encourage you to become a member with us for access to even more webinars and other resources, please visit www.americansforthearts.org/membership for more information.
Elysian McNiff Koglmeier
Head of Growth, Artwork Archive
Elysian McNiff Koglmeier is Head of Growth for Artwork Archive, an online art inventory management system for artists, collectors and organizations. She leads partnerships, communications and writes content for the company's blog—http://www.artworkarchive.com/blog.
Growing up with a father as an art therapist and a mother who dedicated her career to art education, Elysian has always been passionate about the creative process and the importance of empowering artists and cultural institutions. She has pursued this passion both in the public and private sector. She started her career in museums (Middlebury College Museum of Art and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston), ran New England Foundation for the Arts' public art program, served as curator for Brown University and RISD, and contributed to publications such as Art Business News and Public Art Review. A move out west brought her to Craftsy (now Bluprint) in Denver where she produced online art classes and managed partnerships for a startup that created online educational opportunities for enthusiastic makers.
She received her BA in History from Middlebury College and her MA in Public Humanities from Brown University.
Artwork Archive General Information:
- Artwork Archive Inventory System
- Artwork Archive Resources for Public Art
- Artwork Archive Resources for Non-Profits
- Artwork Archive Blog
- "Public Art Maintenance Best Practices" Artwork Archive Blog
- "Cost-Effective Maintenance Strategies for Small Museums" Artwork Archive Blog
- "How Maintenance Tracking Saves Your Art Collection" Artwork Archive Blog
- "How Digital Solutions are Changing Collection Management" Artwork Archive Blog
- "Tips for Finding the Best Collection Management System" Artwork Archive Blog
- "How to Catalog Your Fine Art Collection" Artwork Archive Blog
Exhibiting & Programming:
Webinars & Videos: